Monday, October 27, 2014

About Me

My name is Julie Ann Chambers.  I am from a small town in southeast Arkansas named Star City.  I would like to believe that is because it is where stars are made but, as it turns out, I am just your ordinary girl; whatever ordinary is.  My family consists of my mother, father, and older brother.  Sometimes it can be a little difficult but I love them!
 

I currently have an apartment in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, where I attend Henderson State University, with two of my best friends.  Since being here I have joined the sorority Alpha Sigma Alpha that takes up a lot of my time but brings me so much joy as well.  This sorority has brought me so many life long friends, and not to sound cliché, but sisters as well.  I'm not really sure how to make it through college without them!  I was also inducted into the Gamma Beta Phi National Honor Society last spring, which was a big accomplishment.  Snaps for me!  




But let's get to the main reason why I'm at HSU; to one day be an elementary teacher.  I am majoring in Early Childhood Education.  Whenever I tell people this most of them tend to say, "bless you heart", but the thing is, I actually enjoy children.  I was a nursery worker at my church back home, although the big reason I chose this profession was because I was involved in a program with my high school's EAST Lab called "MENT For You".  I mentored a girl through her second and third grade years of elementary school and that's when the light bulb went off.  I should be a teacher!  But I do think that my long-term goal is to eventually be a counselor at an elementary school. (I'll be sure to keep y'all posted about how those plans work out)



Now I know y'all are dying to know all about my interests, so let's get to it.  I am pretty much obsessed with cats.  I have 6 at home in Star City.  Their names are Ivan, Trixie, Molly, Henry, Asher, and our most recent addition; a little orange ball of energy named Chester Bob.  You may be asking yourself this question, and the answer is yes; I am already a crazy cat lady at the age of 19.  My other interests include hanging with the sisters and drowning in schoolwork! Yay!



So this is a blog about me, my life, my thoughts, what's happening to me and around me. Enjoy! 


5 comments:

  1. just the fact that you just called yourself a crazy cat lady at age 19 was enough for me to choke back a chuckle, I look forward to reading of the interesting details of your life! - Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also mentored children through a program. It taught me many valuable lessons and I'm sure you learned some as well! Continue to reach for your goals and you will achieve them! I'm not so sure about cats...I'm a dog lover considering I'm highly allergic to cats! However, your cat is very cute! I look forward to reading more of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to observe preschool children my senior year of high school, but we didn't have a mentoring program. I wish we did though! I would have loved to gain that experience! I love all kinds of animals. I would probably own a zoo if I could, so no worries about the 'crazy cat lady' thing. I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cats!! It's great to see that we share a lot of the same passions. Being involved with kiddos as much as possible is such a joy. Can't wait to read more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cats too! You should rescue some of the stray ones from all the parking lots at school! Lolol I am totally just kidding.

    ReplyDelete